We have a number of Charity Events this year to support “The Royal Marines Charity”
Things have drawn to a close on our collection effort this year 2022. It’s been fun and quite informative. Meeting all types of people. Most great, some not so. The bric-a-brac plan worked out quite well increasing our donations significantly. The credit card reader we have also worked well. Will probable give this plan a go next year, if still able. The work involved in getting this done is considerable. Without the help of Gary Smith this may have proved to be too difficult and I am most grateful to him. He has never asked for expenses, fuel, food, tea or coffee and the hours spent manning it, even when getting wet. Barry Myland also helped out manning it. When Barry was there, time always passed quickly as he has a very dry sense of humour.
Starting with the RMA Gazebo on Sandown beach near to the “War Memorial” on the following dates below.We have a permit to collect donations during this time. This year we are trying something different we will have ‘bric-a-brac” on display for donations. Not sure how this will go, just giving it a try.If you have any item that fit the bill please contact me, Terry Goodwin. email@example.com We need your support.
We also now on online fundraising page the will match your donation, pound for pound, up to £6000 that will go to The Royal Marines Charity.
- Thursday 2nd June 2022 £344.06p + £26.00p credit card
- Friday 3rd June 2022 £353.78p + £22.00p credit card
- Saturday 4th June 2022 £154.46p + Credit card zero
- Friday 15th July 2022 £222.13p + £20 credit card.
- Saturday 16th July 2022 £197.05p + £20 credit card
- Saturday 24th July 2022 £273.96p + £10 Credit card
- Friday 29th July 2022 £274.51p + £36.50p credit card
- Friday 6th August 2022 £193. 71p + £26 credit card
- Friday 12th August 2022 £97.09p + £32 credit card (Very hot )
- Saturday 13th August 2022 £82.78p + £30 credit card (Very hot)
- Friday 19th August 2022 £230.13p + £60 credit card
- Friday 26th August 2022 £415.80p + £117 credit card
- Saturday 27th August 2022 £306.40p + £43 credit card
- Friday 2nd September 2022 £351.52p + £28 Card
- Saturday 3rd September 2022 £285.85 + £22.50p Card
- Saturday 10th September 2022 £243.79 + £40 Card
- Friday 16th September 2022 £420.77 +£28 Card
- Saturday 17th September 2022 £344.77 + £28 Card
- Saturday 24th September 2022 £195.99p +£5 Card
- Saturday 1st October 2022 £299.48p +£8 card
- Friday 7th October 2022 £145.15p + nil card
- Saturday 8th October 1011 £215.94 + nil card
- Total to date £6243.12p
- Country Show Newport 25/26th June 2022 £421.03p + £180 credit card
- Chale County Show 5/6th August 2022 £337.21 + £68 credit card
- Sandown Bay Regatta 14th August 2022 £229.40p + £35 credit card
- Garlic Festival 20/21st August 2022 £475.55p + £97 credit card
- Hullabaloo festival Sandown 15/16 October 2022 £191 39p + £20 Credit Card
- Total to date £2054.58
Grand Total £8297.70p. We have now ended this years Gazebo collection Minus some small expenses.
For Information collected money, is counted and banked by Martin and can be confirmed by the bank statement. Credit card payments payments go directly into the branch bank A/C and is subject to a variable charge up to 2% that will be subtracted at the end and also will show on our bank A/C. when actual figures can be confirmed.
It is planned to erect the RMA Gazebo on Sandown beach during the School holidays during this time. (24 occasions) We require a permit to collect donations. With a bit of luck, we should get one. Some dates will clash with the Garlic and Chale shows
We now have a “Permit for a Street Collection” to collect donations from 15th July 2022 to 17th September 2022. On Sandown Esplanade. We are now asking for a two week extension.
The County Show Newport. 25th to 26th June 2022.
Garlic Festival. 20th to 21st August 2022, this one as well.
Chale County Show. 6th to 7th August 2022, and finally booked for this one.
Looking at supermarkets to erect the RMA Gazebo and collect donations.
I will update this page regularly on what donations are collected, so you can see how things are going.